Монте-Кристо Мюзикл subs englishAct 1
ACTION ONE
BALL MASKARAD
Bertuccio:
Masquerade ball of the Count of Monte Cristo!
A great welcome from the Count of Monte Cristo!
All the high society is with the Count of Monte Cristo!
Here is the "Paris Nouvelle" and the "Daily Telegraph"!
Beauchamp:
You heard it? The Count of Monte Cristo!
Masquerade ball of the Count of Monte Cristo!
A great welcome from the Count of Monte Cristo!
He has all the elite and the press! Oh yes, the Count!
Chorus:
Masquerade ball of the Count of Monte Cristo!
A great reception from the Count of Monte Cristo!
The Count of Monte Cristo has all the elite!
The Count of Monte Cristo has the upper class!
The Count of Monte Cristo has Paris!
Masquerade ball of Monte Cristo!
Great reception from the Count of Monte Cristo!
The Count of Monte Cristo has all the elite
The Count of Monte Cristo has the upper class.
The Count of Monte Cristo has Paris!
Beauchamp:
Mysterious Count, marvelous Count, astonishing Count.
He appeared recently, he appeared suddenly, suddenly as a miracle.
Incredibly rich. An impeccable aristocrat!
It's not known who he is, it isn't clear why he is here nor where he is from!
Chorus:
Mysterious Count, marvelous Count, astonishing Count.
It's not known who he is, it isn't clear why he is here nor where he is from!
Beauchamp:
Well, among these veils...
Veils, cloaks, kimonos.
Who will be the fastest?
Who will be the fastest?
From us to guess who he is.
He has caught the attention of society ...
Society has been challenged!
I feel that there will be, I feel there will be
many surprises today!
Chorus:
Not without reason, not without reason, not without reason
he started a masquerade ball!
Not without reason, not without reason, not without reason
he started a masquerade ball!
He started a masquerade ball!
Put on your cloak, put on your hat.
Cover your face with a mask
And one by one forward along the ladder we will go
To the carnival wheel!
It will whirl, it will reward us
It will spin at full speed.
Just remember: At the masquerade
your fate is in your hands!
Turn around and leave, don't wait for the climax.
Don't lose your luck!
Let failure come to someone else
And don't try to save them!
Beauchamp:
Your fear of mistakes, your fear of visibility.
All of your naive tears, your shameful sin.
You don't have to worry about them here, they will be hidden under the silk of the mask.
You are ready to succeed!
Chorus:
Go ahead, throw away your shyness!
Dance from the beginning to the end!
So everyone can remember your bright figure
but they won't remember your face
Go ahead, throwing away your shyness!
Dance from the beginning to the end!
Everyone will remember your bright figure
but they won't remember your face!
Put on your cloak, put on your hat
Cover our face with a mask
And, one by one, forward along the ladder
We will go the carnival wheel!
Bertuccio:
His Excellency, the Count of Monte Cristo!
Mercedes:
Edmond ... Edmond!
Bertuccio:
She exclaimed: "Edmond" ... Edmond Dantes disappeared twenty years ago. He's gone, he vanished. There is no need to remember his name anymore...
LIVING MEMORY OF THE PAST DAYS (ARIA BERTUCCIO)
Bertuccio:
It seems clear to everyone on Earth
that after autumn winter comes
and after spring days summer will pass
Everything has its own turn and time.
Everything has its own turn and time ...
There was something that shined, flamed and burned
Well, it doesn't exist anymore. It faded, cooled soon, it dissipated .
It's gone it will no longer appear on the future.
It is useless to grieve, there is no need to be sorry
No... don't regret it anymore.
Yet in your soul
The living memory of the old days is still there.
Those thoughts come back by pure chance.
Worries and guilt return.
All that is long gone
All of that comes back by pure chance.
The living memory of the old days returns
and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
You can't fix anything anymore.
You can't be relieved of trouble.
You shouldn't hope for a miracle in vain:
Don't expect it to be April in January!
No, there is no need to hope in vain.
Yet in your soul
The living memory of the old days is still there.
Those thoughts come back by pure chance.
Worries and guilt return.
All that is long gone
All of that comes back by pure chance.
The living memory of the old days returns
and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
You can't fix anything anymore
You can't be relieved of trouble.
MARSEILLE, HELLO TO YOU
Mercedes:
Edmond, my captain,
Fly, fly in a foamy wave.
Edmond, will your ocean ever let you come back to me?
Edmond, you, who came from distant lands ...
What did you bring for our wedding?
Soon we will be standing in the church
Both dressed in white
I hope it's tomorrow!
My Edmond!
Edmond:
Marseille , hello to you,
The treasured coast of happiness, my homeland.
Marseille, you raised me.
I haven't forgotten ...
I haven't forgotten. Day and night, you were waiting for me!
Marseille, beloved land.
The golden dream, the magical city.
The further out the sea I go
the more you call me.
That's when I want to see you the most, Marseille!
Hello, hello to you!
My love, my Mercedes, my life!
Mercedes:
Hello! Hello to you
Oh my Edmond, my light and joy, my life!
Fernand:
Edmond, in your hands there is...
the love of my life...
Mercedes, Edmond and Fernand:
We know, we know this time
the day and hour will come
when everything is decided for us!
PLEASE DO NOT HURRY (ARIA FERNANA)
Fernand:
My blood is hot, my will is strong
I'm young and brave!
But even though I'm still in my first springs
my soul is already cold!
I'm forced to always be standing with my eyes being hidden.
But as much as anyone else I have the right to receive love and good luck.
Why, why was he forgiven
from hurricanes and storms?
Why didn't they kill him in a taverne
somewhere in Singapore?
The Lord's job is to curse and scold me yet He already acknowledges that...
This wedding's not going to happen, this wedding's not going to happen, this wedding's not going to happen!
Please take your time
Understand that I love you...
I won't surrender to anyone.
no one will have you
Please take your time
Think about your fate
Don't reject my love -
My love is eternal!
No matter what happens I will always be robbed from dreams and hopes.
That's why I have the right to reclaim!
The heavenly court should do me justice but it refuses.
I won't give up on him anyway.
I don't want! I can't! I hate him!
Please take your time
Understand that I love you...
I will not surrender to anyone.
No one will have you
Please take your time
Think about your fate
Don't reject my love -
My love is eternal!
Please take your time
Understand it. He is a sailor.
He is a sailor he has rivers and seas, many lands to explore.
An I'm on land,my land, with you my love, you're mine!
Please take your time
Understand that I love you...
And I will not surrender to anyone.
No one will have you
Please take your time
Think about your fate
Don't reject my love -
My love is eternal!
Don't reject my love!
Don't reject my love
My love is eternal!
I SAW NAPOLEON
Edmond:
I saw Napoleon!
Mercedes:
Really?
Edmond:
In the cabin, in private.
We went to St. Helena for water and he...
He came to see me!
Mercedes:
Why?
Edmond:
He wanted me to deliver a letter to an acquaintance of him to thank them for something they did for him a long time ago.
Can you imagine how many people were around him? And he remembers each one of them!
Such talent is not given to everyone ...
Mercedes:
That's why he is the emperor ...
Edmond:
And I'm the Captain!
Mercedes:
You are my Napoleon!
Edmond:
You are my France!
You are my France, the only one in the world
We have no enemies !
Mercedes:
And no people... just you and me ...
Fernand:
Is he your Napoleon?
He's not the best example you've found for him.
A reckless emperor a ruthless tyrant!
Well, if so, Edmond, you're finished!
I have a report. Captain Dantes is a traitor and a villain.
He hides himself from the authority to maintain contact with the dangerous Bonaparte, who sends letters through him from captivity to secret addresses.
He is French patriot...
The wedding's... not going to happen.
By LAND AND BY WATER (DUET EDMON AND MERCEDES)
Mercedes:
Tell me, my dear friend
Where have you been for so long?
What did you see across the sea?
What have you seen there?
Edmond:
I turned around, my dear friend,
for of all the seas in which I sailed;
I saw nothing
More beautiful than your edge.
Mercedes and Edmond:
On land and on water
In my dreams and in reality.
I'm always coming to you
I'm always going to you!
On an abandoned path
both in prayers and in delusions.
I'm always coming to you
I'm always going to you!
Mercedes:
Tell me, my dear friend,
You, who were beyond the blue.
How did you not go astray?
How did you get back home?
Edmond:
On my sea road
there was a guiding star.
It was you, Mercedes, my love.
You shone and guided me!
Mercedes and Edmond:
On unmown grass
I'm going to you!
And in prayer and delirium
I'm always going to you!
On land and on water
in dreams and in reality.
I'm always coming to you
I'm always going to you!
On unknown grass
On an abandoned path
both in prayers and in delusions.
I'm always coming to you
I'm always going to you!
To you...
WEDDING
Chorus:
Look, look what a crowd!
Tell me, where are they from and where are they going?
Tell me, who are being taken to church?
They are the bride and groom, they are the bride and groom.
They are the bride and groom coming to get married!
Let's have fun and dance!
No one will go to sleep on this frenetic night!
Pour pour, pour, pour the wine!
We have been waiting for a beautiful holiday for a long time!
In the spring blood boils and rages again and again.
In any head one thing is on the mind: love, love, love!
In spring blood boils and rages again and again.
and the same song is repeated all day:
Love, love, love, love, love, love!
A lovely couple is going down the hall
The bride is a beauty, the groom is handsome!
Both of them already have their destiny sealed.
Today they are bride and groom, today they are bride and groom,
But tomorrow's morning they are already husband and wife!
Let's have fun and dance!
No one will go to sleep on this frenetic night!
Pour pour, pour, pour the wine!
We have been waiting for a beautiful holiday for a long time!
In the spring, blood boils and rages again and again.
In any head one thing is on the mind: love, love, love!
In spring blood boils and rages again and again.
and the same song is repeated all day:
Love, love, love, love, love
Love, love, love, love
Love, love, love, love
Love love love!
ARREST
Villefort:
Captain Dantes?
Edmond:
Yes? it's me!
Villefort:
You're under arrest.
Chorus:
What's happening? What's the matter? What's happening?
Villefort:
Here's an arrest warrant on suspicion of treason.
Chorus:
What's happening? Why? Why? Why?
Edmond:
But I swear, I'm clean before the law.
Villefort:
It says "on suspicion'
It's suspicion, not a crime yet.
If this is just a misunderstanding
then today you will return home.
Edmond:
Yes, but ...
Villefort:
May you follow me?
Mercedes:
How dare you!
Villefort:
Mademoiselle, sorry,
I'm sorry, but what can I do? it's the law.
Chorus:
On suspicion, he said on suspicion,
that is far from being guilty.
It's just a misunderstanding.
Well, of course, a horrible misunderstanding!
He'll be fine. The authorities will figure it out.
I bet he'll be coming home tonight
It's an error. That's all!
I bet he will he back!
But what if not? if not? But what if not? If not... if not?
That's impossible!
MERCEDES' OATH
Mercedes:
Edmond, my captain...
Wait a bit longer and the fog will disperse.
Edmond, I'll wait for you.
Don't be discouraged, don't be sad, my captain...
Edmond, I'm waiting for you, I will always wait for you.
Wherever the wind of fate takes your sails.
I will always wait for you, my Edmond
Fernand, I'm scared. I'm scared!
INTERROGATION
Villefort:
Do you have any enemies, captain?
Do you have any enemies, captain?
Because one of them, captain,
Has a huge rage towards you!
Here, look the denunciation!
Who would have reported this on you?
Communication with the dictator ...what kind of nonsense?
Edmond:
Yes, but there is no mistake here.
Villefort:
How, there is no mistake?
Edmond:
But it's not about treason!
We went to get water on the island of Saint Helena.
And indeed, for a minute
He! Bonaparte, came to my cabin.
He asked me to deliver a letter
To some acquaintance or friend of his
In gratitude for an old favor.
Villefort:
Oh, good God, that's all!
You kindly accepted his order!
But someone found out and decided to use it against you!
Do you have the letter?
Edmond:
Yes, here is a letter to Mister...Noirtier.
Villefort:
A Letter to Mister Noirtier ...
A letter to Mister Noirtier?
A letter to Mister Noirtier!
Did you search? Did you found out the address?
Did someone call that name?
Edmond:
I didn't have time, I was arrested.
Villefort:
Thank you very much for your kindness!
Noirtier is familiar to me,
I'll give him the message myself
So you forget about it immediately!
Well, as you can see, there are people like your enemy.
Trust no one, captain.
I'll ask you to wait there.
What a memory Napoleon has!
What a fool I was at that time!
An idealist, an enthusiastic puppy!
I don’t even remember how I helped him!
There's no longer Noirtier, it's just Villefort now!
There will be a great commotion, a pack will be unleashed!
If they find out that Bonaparte wrote to me,
People will come from all over to tell me:
"Ah, someone remembers Noirtier... Napoleon"
Edmond Dantes, the most dangerous criminal.
He committed the most heinous atrocities
against the law, the throne and the people.
He confessed, hiding nothing.
He's sentenced to imprison ... indefinite in the dungeons of the castle of If.
Edmond:
What? What??!!
ARIA OF THE SPIRIT OF THE CASTLE IF
Chorus:
Dark walls, gloomy vaults, it's the end of the road.
The living Sun and the light of freedom are forever gone.
Only the curses, the echo of the laments and your dying screams remain.
Them, beyond the granite walls, are you sure that'll be heard?
Spirit of the If castle:
Your voice, your face and your name are in your human memory
When you die they will be erased forever.
There's only one worry here
because at the end of your days you will go from your prison
To the light of God's palace.
There, at the end of the abyss, the book of life will open.
And a terrible verdict will await you in the heavenly judgment!
There, at the end of the abyss, the book of life will open.
And at the heavenly judgment there is waiting for you...
Chorus:
A terrible verdict ... A terrible verdict ... A terrible verdict.
Oh Lord
Fernand:
Oh Lord, forgive me for this sin,
But what else could I do?
When her love, her light, her smile
Everything, everything was for him.
And I had to give in to him?
Forgive me for not succumbing.
Villefort:
Oh Lord, forgive me for this sin,
But what else could I do?
When my career and success
My whole life was on the line.
One of us two had to fall.
Forgive me for what happened to him.
Villefort and Fernand:
Oh Lord, forgive me for this sin.
Let me have an excuse before I go to heaven
Oh Lord, you gave me no choice.
Villefort / Fernand:
Anybody would do exactly the same, / Anybody would do exactly the same,
Put yourself in my place/ put yourself in my place.
Villefort and Fernand:
These times have made us like this.
Villefort / Fernand:
Anybody would do exactly the same, / Anybody would do exactly the same,
Put yourself in my place/ put yourself in my place.
Villefort and Fernand:
These times have made us like this!
Oh, Lord...
MERCEDES' PRAYER
Mercedes:
As if you see how the sun shines
As if you see how calm this sea is.
Just smile, don't be sad.
Because this world can't exist
without harm , evilness and sorrow...
My God, don't abandon him.
With our faith and love
Before the sky and in front of you
You know we are clean.
Oh God, don't abandon him!
I invoke you with my life!
Give me hope, dispel my sorrow!
Is it really impossible to have happiness and love without pain and without tears at night?
Oh God, don't abandon him.
I invoke you with my life!
Give me hope, dispel my sorrow!
My dear, I'm waiting for you ...
God help me. Save me, God.
My dear, I'm waiting ... I'm waiting ...
A LETTER FROM THE PROCURATOR
Fernand:
Mercedes, I have bad news.
Mercedes:
Read them!
Fernand:
The Procurator responded our request.
Mercedes:
Read...
Fernand:
Mercedes ...
Villefort:
In response to your letter, I must inform you that the accused, Edmond Dantes was being transferred to prison when he attempted to escape and ...
Mercedes:
He tried to escape?
He tried to escape!
And then?...
Villefort:
... he died.
Mercedes:
No ... No way... I don't think so!
Villefort / Fernand:
He died. / He died ...
He died. / He died ...
He tried to escape and died ../ He tried to escape and died ...
There is no need / no need
to pray and wait /to pray and wait
He tried to escape. / He tried to run
Fernando:
And for that reason, he died. He will never come back, never, never again ...
Fernand and Villefort:
Never again...
Mercedes:
No! No!
Sharpening
Edmond:
Two hundred thirty-three, two hundred thirty-four ... She forgot me ... Not her ...
Bertuccio:
She married Fernand. Soon they had a son, Albert.
Edmond:
One thousand three hundred one, one thousand three hundred two ... She forgot me! I forgot ...
Bertuccio:
For his excellent service in the military, Fernand received wealth, title, rank ... From now on, he is the Count of Morcerf.
Edmond:
Three thousand one hundred, three thousand ... Everyone has forgotten me! Everyone...
Bertuccio:
Procurator of Villefort moved to Paris. He is now a wealthy widower raising his beloved daughter. Despite his secret relationship with a lady, he is an example of the highest moral principles.
Edmond:
Procuartor ... I demand... Procurator!
Bertuccio:
Morcerf and Villefort met and created and agreement between them.
Let's not be surprised if they become related.
I AM COLD (EDMON'S ARIA)
Edmond:
I don’t remember, I don’t remember, I forgot everything.
Where I lived, where I was born, what my name is.
The stones of the tombs already
buried me.
I'm cold, I'm cold
I'm cold all the time.
Long ago the fire in my blood cooled.
The years go by, years go by
And my head gets grayer
Maybe you remember me, but
I already forgot.
Tell me why, tell me why
Are the cells always silent?
The stones of the cursed walls
will never fall apart.
I'm cold, I'm cold
I'm always cold.
Long ago the fire in my blood cooled.
Years go by, years go by
And my head gets grayer
Maybe you remember me, but
I already forgot.
Answer at least someone alive!
The key is closed, I'm buried alive,
I will be forever forgotten
behind the stone walls!
I can't do it anymore...
ABBAT FARIA
Faria:
It can't be! Not this ,not this!
I would have preferred to crash into a rock or have drowned in the sea or starved!
I was wrong! I was wrong somewhere in the calculations ...
The devil... I fell in the devil's trick ...
How ridiculous, how horrible...
It was all in vain, all for nothing.
The road is over, the candle is blown
Here it is - the hour of my death
What did I do to anger God, that he didn't give me freedom?
Edmond:
I see the court of heaven...
Faria:
Who is it...?
Who are you?
Edmond:
Me...
I don't remember that
Its has been so many years since I was buried alive,
People, friends, I've been forsaken by the Lord.
And I still don't know what my fault was.
Faria:
Son, I'm listening to you ...
So Fernand was in love with her? ..
De Villefort ... De Villefort ... Once I knew a Bonapartist named Noirtier... Noirtier de Villefort. Looks like you delivered the letter to the correct address.
Heaven's plans are amazing!
God sent you to me, Edmond Dantes!
From now on, I am your friend and your mentor.
Edmond:
Father, guide me!
Faria:
Let's start. I will tell you everything I have learned in my life.
so that we both have all of the strength I couldn't handle alone.
The walls will be powerless against our spirit!
The enemy is weak when there is help from a friend.
Bertuccio:
The years passed. Edmond turned out to be a capable apprentice and learned more about people and the world, much more than in his entire previous life.
Edmond:
I'm getting wiser day by day but as time goes by the tighter the walls are.
How do we escape?
What awaits us next?
Faria:
Wealth, power,
Immesurable honor.
Look, I dug up this map buried in my archives for many years.
Here is the secret of a treasure full of riches.
And I give it to you.
Now that you know,
What is "bad" and what is "good".
You will enter this dark world like a ray of light.
You will reward the unhappy, you will feed the hungry.
You will be, like a saint, all-good and powerful.
For human's mind you will be like the Lord.
Fair God I thank you!
He will fulfill your will!
Edmond:
Father, we are on the Castle of If, there is no return from here ...
DO IT EDMON DANTES (ARIA ABBATA FARIA)
Faria:
My time has come, Edmond Dantes -
I won't longer live for dawn.
I will fulfill the will of heaven
I will give you this map.
At dawn the guards will come
My body will be put in a sack.
When they leave,
You take my place.
Do it Edmond Dantes! Do it...
Do it Edmond Dantes! Do it...
In accordance with the tradition of these places,
They will throw you into the sea.
at the end of the day
You are free, Edmond Dantes!
Just don’t lose the map.
It will guide you to the island where the treasure is buried.
It is Monte Cristo! God's Mountain.
Monte Cristo, don't forget!
Do it Edmond Dantes! Do it...
Do it Edmond Dantes! Do it...
WELL WHAT, FRIEND (ARIA OF GUARDS)
The guards:
Are you good, my friend?
Goodbye my friend!
Your time has come!
What a frail old man he was
But now he is so heavy!
What can we say about him?
Too bad he can't see anymore
how he leaves forever his favorite prison.
Got it, eh ... Come on!
He ate and drank for free here
He slept day by day.
Now it's time for the fish to feast
And that you swallow sea water!
You used to eat lobsters but
Today you're at their table !
Come on, buddy, finish your punishment
Three, two, one...
SALT WIND (ARIA BERTUCCIO)
Bertuccio:
On the shores, the faithful hearts are waiting.
On the shores, children grow without us
From afar the ports and docks take care of us
sending signals to their sailors.
Who will get used to sea or will return home?
Us, the winged sails and strong waves
are the meaning of freedom in the salt wind!
It calls us to the unknown!
Towards the riddles of the vast land
Bertuccio:
On the shores, passion replaces faith.
On the shores, our laws and our power rules
We go sailing without noticing
That we live playing with destiny.
Who will get used to sea or will return home?
Us, the winged sails and strong waves
are the meaning of freedom in the salt wind!
It calls us to the unknown!
Towards the riddles of the vast land
Bertuccio:
Man overboard!
You have chosen an excellent place for swimming, sir!
Edmond:
There was no other choice! Captain...
Bertuccio:
I guess! There's an alarm in the Castle of If - it looks like they have lost something ...
Edmond:
An everlasting story, captain. They might have lost something...
Bertuccio:
But we found it!
Edmond:
You won't regret it, Captain ...
Bertuccio:
Time will tell!
Bertuccio and chorus:
Us, the winged sails and strong waves
are the meaning of freedom in the salt wind!
It calls us to the unknown!
Towards the riddles of the vast land
GOOD GOD THANKS (ARIA OF EDMON)
Faria's ghost:
You will enter this dark world like a ray of light.
Edmond:
I'm going to return to this world with a great tribunal.
I will write "Shame" on the the forehead of the wicked shameless
Yes, I'm going to reward the one who was humiliated
And make repay one hundred times the one who humiliated them.
As long as evil reigns without no barriers,
As long as sin is covered with a deceitful mask
I'll let hell overtake earth.
I'm the one that brings heavenly punishment!
Fair God, thank you!
I'll fulfill your will!
Fair God, thank you!
I'll fulfill your will!
On the gold of the earth, on the awakened devil
Lies the weapon of sin, the prize of verbiage.
It's time to ring in the glory of justice !
Not to bypass the law, but to help it.
Don't call, executioner, for your defenders.
Don't get your hopes up, thief, for the few blessings you bought.
Here there is no earthly justice, there is only the righteousness of God.
And the sentence will be like death, inevitable!
Fair God, thank you.
I'll fulfill your will!
Fair God, thank you.
I'll fulfill your will!
Good God, thank you.
I'll fulfill your will
Good God, thank you.
I'll fulfill...
Fair God...
I'll fulfill
Fair God...
I'll fulfill...
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario