Монте-Кристо Мюзикл English Subs Act 2
ACT TWO
SENSATIONS
Chorus:
The masquerade ball of Monte Cristo.
Where adventure awaits for you every moment!
This choir has
some soloists that we will hear soon.
How interesting! How curious!
What's this passion? What's the hurry?
The eyes are sparkling yet the face is not visible.
And, if God wants it, the face will be revealed!
Monks, devils, jesters, villains.
The costumes are beautiful, irresistible.
Who are you, masked?
Tell us the truth or we'll guess it
we want to do it.
We'll guess it, we wish to do it..
And we won't let you run away!
Beauchamp:
Oh, our most respectable audience is here!
They came for all this luxury, music and the dancing!
They came like a voracious animal
that waits for some kind, some kind of sensation!
Chorus:
We want a sensation, we want a sensation!
We want to watch from a safe distance
how reputations are created and ruined.
And how the fortune is rised and then falls!
Beauchamp:
The printing machines print and print
their bands won't stop working.
Well, you have to please those curious and morbid readers!
Chorus:
Yesterday we were monarchy, today we are a republic
We are familiar with the changes of scenery!
But we are still the same, the same, the same audience
And we want, we demand, we demand a sensation!
Beauchamp:
But we are still the same respectable audience
And we want, we demand, we demand a sensation!
HAVE YOU BEEN IN MARSEILLE?
Edmond:
Perfect! Everything is ready, I'm glad.
Bertuccio, let's start the masquerade.
Mercedes:
Tell me, Count.
Have you ever been to Marseille?
Edmond:
Oh yes, more than once, but I don't like to remember it ...
Mercedes:
Yes? Why?
Edmond:
Because there... I lost forever my faith in purity and nobility, and I've never set foot there since.
Mercedes:
Was it terrible?
Edmond:
Yes.
WHO ARE YOU (ARIA MERCEDES)
Mercedes:
Who are you?
Your voice is familiar to me. Who are you?
You're hidden in my past. Who are you?
I don’t know, I’m afraid to find the answer...
It stabs me
Premonition stabs me like a knife
My heart is being cut with a blade
I'm between darkness and light, between "yes" and "no" ...
The past won't returb
But I can't forget everything, I can't forget ...
Do something.
I ask you to do something!
Don't tempt me with hope...
Don't torture, don't hurt me, don't torment me ...
Who are you?
Your gaze is like a shot. Who are you?
Who are you, Monte Cristo, who are you?
I don’t know, I’m afraid to recognize you!
The past won't return but
I can't forget... I can't forget...
What has become of love?
Now it is just a pain in my soul ...
Tell me now...
Who are you?
Your gaze is like a shot. Who are you?
Who are you? Monte Cristo, who are you?
I don't know. I'm afraid to recognize you!
It stabs me
Premonition stabs me like a knife
My heart is being cut with a blade
Don't torture, don't hurt me, don't torment me ...
When my life is in oblivion...
You come back from death. You're rebirthed!
And now, it's time for you to reveal your secret!
Who are you?!
Who are you?
Who are you?!
Who are you?...
THE APPEARANCE OF BENEDETTO
Bertuccio:
Hey masked, I recognized you!
Benedetto:
It can't be! So, who am I?
Bertuccio:
You are Benedetto!
Benedetto:
Oh, stop it!
I am Prince Luigi Cavalcanti!
Bertuccio:
What prince? You are a thief and a scoundrel!
You were so politely invited
To dance with others in the hall.
Why are you hiding here?
Benedetto:
Bertuccio! Damn it, Bertuccio! Long time no see!
Bertuccio:
Probably for the best!
Benedetto:
I don't know why I have been invited here
But I know for what I came!
Up there, in a box by the fireplace,
Lies the diamond of the Albanian hero, Tebelin.
The Count showed it to me out of friendship.
Come on, you will stand guard.
In a month, somewhere in Istanbul,
there will be no man richer than us.
Bertuccio:
The count has invited you out of friendship.
And that's how you thank him?
Benedetto:
I love my girlfriend
Not for the fly on her cheek...
I just love her for the wallet
she always hides under her bed.
You're not coming? Take hell with you!
All the wealth will be mine!
Bertuccio:
Wait, wait!
Monte Cristo:
Bertuccio... don't stop him.
Bertuccio:
But our whole plan will go to hell!
Monte Cristo:
Not at all, on the contrary ...
FOR THE QUIET JOY OF LOVE (DUET OF VILFOR AND ERMINA)
Villefort:
Ermina, this is unusual, we are again in this house, that was once mine.
Ermina:
Both happiness and sorrow, one by one we have endured in it.
Villefort:
I wanted to abandon this memory and stay in oblivion.
In vain ...
Ermina:
... in vain. We can't get away from the past.
Villefort and Ermina:
In the quiet joy of hidden love...
There is always something that takes a toll,
And you must pay interest
Up to the grave board!
Ermina:
I remember so clearly
That terryfing night of wind and rain ...
Villefort:
It was terrible, terrible!
But how can we overcome our memory?
Ermina:
I loved you so much
I was expecting wholeheartedly our child
Then life gave it to me
but, at the same time, death took it from me.
But all these years some kind of force
Is so persistently pulling me here!
Where is our son hiding?
He went to earth without a trace!
That night... you took him away...
With one of my family's handkerchiefs...
There's not a day that I don't remember
How you carried him away from me ...
Show me this place
After all, from all over the world...
It is only known to you .
Villefort:
I'm afraid something is wrong here.
Something gave me a sign
that they know about us ...
Ermina:
I beg you.
Villefort:
Come on Ermina ...
Ermina:
But...
Villefort:
Come on ... Nothing will ever be the same.
ON LAND AND ON WATER (DUET OF ALBER AND VALENTINA)
Valentine:
My dearest Albert, you are charming!
Albert:
Not as much as you, Mademoiselle de Villefort!
Valentine:
Tell me my dear friend
Where have you been for so long?
What did you see across the sea
What have you seen there?
Albert:
I turned around, my dear friend,
for of all the seas in which I sailed;
I saw nothing
more beautiful than your edge.
Valentine and Albert:
On land and on water
in dreams and in reality.
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you!
On an abandoned path
both in prayers and in delusions.
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you!
Valentine:
Tell me, my dear friend,
You, who were beyond the blue,
How did you not go astray?
How did you get back home?
Albert:
On my sea road
there was a guiding star.
It was you, my love.
You shone and guided me!
Valentine and Albert:
On land and on water
in dreams and in reality.
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you!
On an abandoned path
both in prayers and in delusions.
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you!
Albert:
On unmown grass
I am going to you!
Valentine and Albert:
On an abandoned path
And in prayer, and in delirium ...
Valentine:
On land and on water
Valentine and Albert:
in dreams and in reality.
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you!
On an abandoned path
both in prayers and in delusions.
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you!
Mercedes:
Oh, God... Why are you here?
SILENCE, SOUL (ARIA COUNT)
Edmond:
I'm far away from everyone
in the cold walls of the castle of If.
I will be forever a prisoner.
Even though I'm alive, I'm a myth
Although I escaped, I didn't save myself.
I want to forget, forget about the past forever.
But how can I cope with my soul?
When, barely breathing, it lives inside of me...
Hush, my soul.
I no longer obey you
Hush,soul, hush...
Become silence in a sad night.
Hush, soul, hush
Become silence in a sad night.
Life passes, and there will be no more of us .
Our love became cold long time ago...
Damn the day and the hour
When fate parted us!
Hush, my soul!
I no longer obey you!
Hush, soul, hush.
Become silence in a sad night!
Hush, my soul!
I no longer obey you!
Hush, my soul, hush ...
DISCOVERING BENEDETTO
Edmond:
Stop, masked!
Mesdames, messieurs I present to you :
Benedetto, the pathetic thief!
He came to steal the diamond from the
Albanian hero, Tebelin.
Chorus:
The diamond of the Albanian hero, Tebelin!
Have you heard about this miracle?
Fernand:
The diamond of the Albanian hero, Tebelin!
But where did it come from?
Edmond:
I bought it from a Dutch merchant.
I'm afraid you won't get off without a fine!
Villefort:
I quite agree with the Count.
You won't get off without a fine!
Chorus:
Villefort, our Procurator!
Benedetto:
The Royal Procurator ...
Villefort:
Prison awaits you, my dear "prince"!
Benedetto:
I have such bad luck!
But what can I do before your power?
Goodbye, my girlfriend and your fat wallet.
I suffer from the fact that I could not take it to you!
But forget the longing and the sadness
I'll be back again for it!
Chorus:
What a scandal, what a scandal there is!
In this is ball, in this is ball!
Beauchamp:
What a scandal, what a scandal!
In this ball, in this is ball!
Chorus:
Incredible ball, amazing ball!
We have not seen such a ball like this one!
Beauchamp:
Yet this is just the beginning.
There's still a long way to go!
This is only the beginning
there is still a long way to go.
Chorus:
This is only the beginning
here is a long way to go.
This is only the beginning, this is only the beginning
Theres a long way to go, there's a long way to go!
What an amazing ball!
What an amazing ball!
Beauchamp:
My dear Count, everyone expects that
You show us that diamond
Chorus:
Show us that diamond
Beauchamp:
The diamond of the famous Tebelin
Chorus:
Show it, show it,
Tell us what you know about it
Tell us what you know about it
About it and it's owner!
Beauchamp:
Ah, now I understand why they wanted to steal it!
I have found the one who will tell us the story better... Count of Morcerf, take off your mask, I have recognized you. And we are all waiting for the story about the Albanian hero, Tebelin. As I recall, you served for him?
Fernand:
Damn right, fate is inexorable.
GREAT DAYS (ARIA OF FERNANA)
Fernand:
Yes, I once served Tebelin. I was the commander of his guard.
Those were difficult times, Tebelin was an fervent enemy of Istanbul.
I was a friend of his, not just a simple soldier, moreover, I replaced him as a father.
Tebelin's daughter, little Haydee loved to walk with me in the gardens of the palace.
I have seen his diamond more than once .
Even he offered it to me as a reward for my service,
But I valued his friendship above everything else.
I tried to protect him, but I couldn't save him ...
Great... those were great days!
They have remained in my heart!
On that day, in the palace of Tebelin, there was a great celebration.
We received from Istanbul
an unusual letter.
The Sultan speaks of peace, the Sultan proposes an alliance!
But that very night, the Janissaries suddenly attacked us.
Such a battle had never been seen in the world,
At every step there is a fight
in every corner a duel
Bloody sweat streamed down faces, bodies and walls,
But there were four times more of them, and that decided the outcome!
Those were great days!
They will enter world's history forever!
Someone was fighting shoulder to shoulder with Tebelin,
It was me! Fernand de Morcerf
In combat, the sword
fell from my hand.
Only God knows how I remained unharmed...
That's why it's brighter than any award
the scar on my chest.
Chorus:
Hurray, Fernand! Hurray, Fernand de Morcerf!
A reliable friend and a loyal officer!
Fernand:
Tebelin's palace was burned and destroyed.
Tebelin's diamond disappeared but, as we see, it has been founded
Edmond:
And... what about Tebelin's daughter?
Fernand:
Tebelin's daughter, little Haydee
Was captured and it is unknown where she is.
Bertuccio:
It's unknown? But why is it unknown?
Of course it is known!
FERNAND - VILEE TRAITOR (ARIA GAYDE)
Haydee:
My day has come.
It's a day of anger and sorrow.
Fernand! My day has come - heaven will help me!
Fernand! All of your glory is nonexistent.
Fernand!
Your payment is near!
Fernand, vile traitor! Despicable murderer!
Fernand, only death will cleanse your shame!
There's no forgiveness for you. It's too late to pray.
Fernand de Morcerf, your judge is before you!
Recognized me? Do you remember where the scar on your chest comes from? Tebelin managed to inflict damage on you when you entered his room and killed him point-blank with a smile that I still remember.
Tebelin's little daughter Haydee was sold as a slave by you. Today she throws curses in your face ... Fernand de Morcerf,
Peer of France, "hero"!
Fernand:
You're lying!
Haide:
Your day has come
The day of judgment and reckoning.
Fernand, your day has come and there will be no mercy.
Fernand! Don't expect mercy... Don't wait for it!
Fernand, you can't get away!
Fernand, vile traitor! Despicable murderer!
Fernand, only death will cleanse your shame!
There's no forgiveness for you, it's too late to pray.
Fernand de Morcerf, your judge is before you!
There is no mercy!
It is too late to pray!
Fernand de Morcerf!
You are in front of your judge!
Fernand! Fernand! Fernand!
Chorus:
Fernand, vile traitor! Despicable murderer!
Fernand, only death will cleanse your shame!
There's no forgiveness for you, it's too late to pray.
Fernand de Morcerf, your judge is before you!
There is no mercy!
It is too late to pray!
Fernand de Morcerf!
You are in front of your judge!
Haide:
Fernand!
FERNAND'S DISCOVERY
Villefort:
"Certificate of the sale of Haydee Tebelin to the merchant El-Kobir." Signed: Fernand Morcerf.
"Certificate of the sale of Tebelin's diamond to a Dutch bank." Signed: Fernand Morcerf
The authenticity of the documents is beyond doubt ...
Fernand:
I'm sorry. Yes, I'm sorry.
Beauchamp:
Are you sorry? About what?
Fernand:
I regret that that night, after killing the father, I left the daughter alive.
Beauchamp:
You are a monster!
Chorus:
Monster, monster! Bring him to justice, bring him to justice!
Fernand de Morcerf, murderer and thief!
Bring him to justice, bring him to justice!
Shame, shame, shame! Shame, shame, shame!
How interesting, how curious!
What is this passion? Ehat's the hurry?
Although the face is still not visible under the mask...
We have managed to discover part of it!
YOUR MARRIAGE CANNOT BE SPEAKED ABOUT YOUR
Villefort:
Let's go. Please, understand that your wedding can no longer be done!
Valentine:
Father, I cannot leave them alone in such a moment like this.
Nobody expected trouble, but suddenly a whole mountain fell on our shoulders!
Villefort:
We are going! Why do you have to be involved in? Let Morcerf take care of them!
Albert:
It’s not true, this is all a dream.
Someone has spinned the wheel in their favor.
It turns out that my father
Is a thief, a murderer, a complete scoundrel.
Did you know, tell me, mother?
What should I do now? Steal like him?
Or go and hang myself?
I'm the son of a slave trader and an assassin!
Mercedes:
It's my fault, it's mine!
I was the one who betrayed him ...
I was the one who stopped waiting ...
I believed all the lies!
Merciful God, do your will!
Punish me, punish me!
Complete your execution!
But get our kids out of it!!
AT THE CARNIVAL
Chorus:
At the carnival, at the carnival
The days of our lives go by flying, flying!
The dream of happiness is ours
We are not afraid of the pain of loss!
At the carnival!
The carnival
Has it's own laws, its own morals
Fight for happiness so that you do not know sadness.
Spread your wings
And look far away!
Fly for happiness so that you do not know sadness
and if you get caught
Run away!
DAD, MOTHER (ARIA BENEDETTO)
Chorus:
Ah, Benedetto! Uh Benedetto!
You have been caught again!
Now you must sing your song for us
Because, who steals a diamond so imprudently?
Benedetto:
Here I am, oh, poor me.
What do you want? If it's all is fine for you.
You have a home and a family
But here I am with my terrible fate!
All my life without father nor mother,
Without love, nor any type of kindness.
I'm always the one being beaten up, neglected!
There is no honor in me alive.
Dad!
Mom!
I have a wound in my heart!
Where have you been?
Why was I born?
Dad !
Mom!
I have a wound in my heart!
I just came to do my part...
steal money and run away with it.
Well, living among thieves,
What else do you expect from me?
Why did my parents abandon me?
I want to look at their faces at least once!
Find them, I beg, find them,
Then judge them with me !
Dad!
Mom!
I have a wound in my heart!
Where have you been?
Why was I born?!
Dad!
Mom!
I've already seen it, I'll die alone.
Help, oh, God!
Find the ones that brought me to Earth for them to die, die with me!
Da!
Mom!
I have a wound in my heart!
Where have you been?
Why was I born?
Here I am, poor me.
They have hurted the poor boy enough.
Maybe they should have killed me
That certainly would have made them feel better!
Dad...
Mom...
Dad!
mom!
I have a wound in my heart!
IN THE LIGHT A LOT OF ORPHANTS (DIALOGUE OF VILFOR AND VALENTINA)
Villefort:
There are thousands of orphans in the world...
Among which
almost no one steals diamonds
In other people's houses.
And there are also monstrous children that
come from the noblest families!
Chorus:
From the noblest families!
Villefort:
We remember the Commandments of God from childhood:
Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal
Thou shalt not bear false witness!
But still, the temptation to kill, lie or steal constantly wants to take hold of us!
Therefore, you should have known
that everyone has an answer for their choice.
Therefore, understand and make it clear for yourself
That for both parents and children, there is only one law!
Valentine:
Father, that's not fair!
If it's true that the boy was abandoned And he grew up so... lost
What, is there no one to blame for it?
Villefort:
In this case, there is no one to ask
Besides, what do you care about such... filthy boy?
Bertuccio:
I beg your pardon, your honor,
But aren't his parents somewhere?
The boy was abandoned, moreover, there is also a witness ...
This house
Chorus:
How? This house? It can't be!
What has this house witnessed?
How interesting, how curious!
What has this house witnessed?
WHEN I WAS A VAGABOND (ARIA BERTUCCIO)
Bertuccio:
Once I was a vagabond
Sorry, Your Honor.
One night I decided to enter this house.
That night of rain and wind I managed to see how someone came out in the dark
They carried a bundle in their arms.
That figure buried the treasure, and then disappeared into the darkness.
"Hey, Bertuccio!" - I said,
"You are very lucky!"
I dug up the treasure,
Then unfolded it
Right there a newborn baby was lying!
And nothing more!
"Hey, Bertuccio" - I said
"Give it back to earth"
But at that moment he sneezed,
He even smiled at me!
Ermina:
What?
Beauchamp:
What's next?
Bertuccio:
I took him to the orphanage . I wanted to raise him.
But only a thief and a rogue grew up,
The master of all lies!
He went his own way and I went mine..
But I still don't know who
Buried him alive.
Beauchamp:
Did you identify something?
Bertuccio:
No! it was night
And that person ran away hastily ...
Although, the diaper that was there ...
Benedetto:
I take it whit me everywhere.
It's a beautiful handkerchief,
With the monogram "E and D"
Chorus:
What does "E&D" mean?
What does "E&D" mean?
What does "E&D" mean?
What does "E&D" mean?
Ermina:
E&D means Ermina Danglars ...
Did You bury your son alive?
THE SON IS BURED ALIVE
Chorus:
He is alive.
You buried your son still alive.
You buried your son, your son was buried alive.
Ermina:
You are a monster!
Chorus:
He is alive.
You buried your son still alive.
You buried your son, your son was buried alive.
Chorus / Villefort:
He is alive / But... it's impossible!
You buried your son still alive / it's impossible!
You buried your son. Your son was buried alive / Impossible!
He is alive / It was long ago!
You buried your son. Your son was buried alive / It was long ago!
You buried your son. Your son was buried alive / I don't remember!
Chorus:
Congratulations, Mr. Villefort!
You have found a son, Mr. Villefort!
Well, since he turned out to be a thief now...
You should bury him again, Mister Villefort!
Bury him again Mister Villefort!
So that he can never come back to
bother you again!
THIS IS A DREAM (DUET OF ERMINA AND BENEDETTO)
Ermina:
This is a dream, my longest dream.
Dream is a comfort for inconsolable eyes.
Benedetto:
I'm dreaming it ...
People, I beg you, don't wake us up!
Ermina:
All of this was ...
Unnecessary, ridiculous.
Benedetto:
But it happened, everything happened ...
how it shouldn't have been ...
how it shouldn't have been ...
Ermina:
But now I have my son
And whoever he is
The main thing is that he is here
And that is happiness.
Ermina:
Forget it all
Now it's just you and me!
Benedetto:
How shall I believe this? Where shall I find the words?
Ermina:
Here's your home, it's waiting for you.
Benedetto:
The gods decided to save my soul!
I'm tired of being alone! Without a homeland, nameless!
Ermina:
Oh my child, my son, forgive me.
Ermina and Benedetto:
So many winters, so many years
Forgotten, lost.
As from darkness to light!
It's over, it has begun.
Benedetto / Ermina:
You know how much it means to me / You know how much...
Ermina and Benedetto:
I need you to tell me!
Ermina has a son, Benedetto has a mother.
Benedetto / Ermina:
This is a dream / This is a dream
My longest dream ... / My longest dream ...
DISCOVER
Chorus:
Who came up with all these jokes?
Whose invention is this all?
Who came up with all these jokes?
Who is that secret judge?
Edmond:
I've been intriguing this ball
Even before it began.
The masks have fallen! Isn't it enough?
Well, it's not the end yet!
Albert:
Who are you, Count?
You are like an evil spider
who dispersed it's spiderweb long ago.
You only tracked
the thief and the diamond,
so you could present this farce to your guests.
A stranger's shame, the blood and death of someone else ...
Oh, how fun it's to watch!
Valentine:
Are you having fun?
You are like an evil spider,
Rejoicing over it's fallen victim.
So the whole world would see
the work you've done.
The feelings of an executioner are close to yours!
So what if the criminal soul is dark?
Is yours brighter than theirs?
Chorus:
Who came up with all these jokes?
Whose invention is this all?
Who came up with all these jokes?
Who is that secret judge?
Albert and Valentine:
You are a devil!
Just tell us why
you rigged the wheel in your favor?
Why have you turned this farce into a monstrous drama?
What gives you the right to do this?
What gives you the right to do this?
Reveal your true face to us!
Chorus:
Count reveal it, reveal it to us
Reveal your true face to us!
Count reveal it, reveal it to us
Reveal your true face to us!
Albert and Valentine:
What gives you the right to do this?
What gives you the right to do this?
Reveal your true face to us!
Chorus:
Reveal it!
EDMON DANTES (MONOLOGUE GRAPH)
Edmond:
Once upon a time a young captain...
That one day returned home with his fiancee...
And just as they were about to be married
They took him under arrest...
Because an old friend of his falsely denounced against him.
In the denunciation the Procurator could easily recognize the wicked intentions against the captain.
Anyways he imprisoned the captain... For it was to his advantage.
So the young groom was thrown into a dungeon and was forgotten by all.
The snitcher told the bride that he was killed while escaping.
Mercedes:
Oh God, what a terrible lie
My whole life was ruined ...
Edmond:
This sounds like a fairy tale an not for nothing...
What am I to do with that captain?
How can I live with the damned memory of him
And those who buried him alive?
Fernand:
Edmond Dantes ... This is the end ...
Villefort:
"E and D" means "Edmond Dantes" ... So I buried him ... alive.
Beauchamp:
Gentlemen! Gentlemen! Fernand de Morcerf... and Monsieur Villefort
Beauchamp / Chorus:
Have ended their earthly days, / Ah, Amen!
Beauchamp:
Now they stand before God.
A terrible verdict awaits them.
Chorus:
Amen!
Vultures
Beauchamp:
My dear Count, this is breathtaking!
All of these amazing events!
And because of this
All of us are in anticipation of the next discoveries!
Satisfy our curiosity, please!
Satisfy the common interest!
Edmond:
How interested you are... how curious!
And this curiosity is insatiable.
They love to see the problems of others and their ashes.
Here's your knowledge, here's your food!
Vultures!
Your beaks and claws are always ready
Vultures! Always thirsty for fresh blood!
You are welcome! Gentlemen and ladies, mesdames at messieurs,
I have a dossier for everyone!
Do you want a list of those that you have humiliated and insulted?
Tell you how much dirt is on your millions?
Who is next? ...
Who is next ?!
Who is next ?!
Who?...
Is next ...
Who is next ?!
Who?
Who?...
GOODBYE (DUET EDMON AND MERCEDES)
Mercedes:
Edmond ...
Edmond:
Mercedes ...
Mercedes:
I came to say goodbye... Edmond.
Edmond:
You're leaving...
Mercedes:
Yes, to Marseille. Albert and Valentine come with me.
Edmond:
So this is destiny...
So many years have passed, but I still remember,
the day and the hour of our separation
Since then, year after year, every day and every hour
I have tried to go to you by a terrible path.
My losses are countless.
But now the road is over, my dream has come true.
Here we are... Now what?
This time we can only say to each other:
"Goodbye!" "Goodbye forever"
There is no return to the past!
Mercedes:
So many long years and bitter tears, but the memory of you
will always be alive, indestructible.
Neither the lies nor the slander
could kill it inside in me
As I have always loved you....
Mercedes / Edmond:
Goodbye! / so many long years
Goodbye forever: / so many bitter tears ...
Lost springs and youth can't return / I remember every hour of our separation.
But you know / How I love
How much I love you! / Those eyes,
I love you, I love you, my love! / Those soft hands.
Mercedes and Edmond:
Goodbye! Goodbye forever!
Don't forget, keep in mind, remember...
Both in dream and in reality,
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you
, my love ...
In dream and in reality
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you...
To you...
AT THE CARNIVAL
Chorus:
At the carnival, at the carnival
the days of our lives go by flying, flying!
The dream of happiness is ours
We are not afraid of the pain of loss.
At the carnival, the carnival
Has it's own laws, its own morals
Fight for happiness so that you do not know sadness.
Spread your wings
And look far away!
At the carnival, the carnival
Has it's own laws, its own morals
Fight for happiness so that you do not know sadness.
Spread your wings
And look far away!
Bertuccio:
A splendid ball, an insidious ball.
Costumes, masks, carnival ...
Beauchamp:
No faces are visible, the eyes sparkle.
They won't recognize you under the mask!
Villefort:
Luxurious ball, treacherous ball
Excitement, intrigue and scandal ...
Fernand:
Here we play with fate boldly -
Villefort and Fernand:
These times have made us like this!
Chorus:
At the carnival, at the carnival
the days of our lives go by flying, flying!
The dream of happiness is ours
We are not afraid of the pain of loss.
At the carnival, the carnival
Has it's own laws, its own morality.
Fight for happiness so that you do not know sadness.
Spread your wings
And look far away!
At the carnival ...
At the carnival ...
Fight for happiness so that you do not know sadness.
Spread your wings
And look far away!
Edmond and Mercedes:
And in a dream and in reality
I will always come to you
I'm always going to you, my love ...
Chorus:
Fight for happiness!
Spread your wings!
Fight for happiness!
Spread your wings!
And look far away!
FINAL-APOPHEOSIS
Bertuccio:
Yet in your soul
The living memory of the old days is still there.
Fernand and Haydee:
Those thoughts come back by pure chance.
Worries and guilt return.
Villefort and Ermina:
They decide to stay as if there was no past with bitter tears and long years of waiting.
Albert, Valentina, Edmond and Mercedes:
But that shouldn't matter to our hearts!
You can believe in love again!
Together:
Yet in your soul
The living memory of the old days is still there.
Those thoughts come back by pure chance.
Worries and guilt return.
They decide to stay as if there was no past with bitter tears and long years of waiting.
But that shouldn't matter to our hearts!
You can believe in love again!
You can love again!
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario